There are many reasons for a patient to have an implant evaluation PRIOR to tooth extraction including:
- Increased likelihood of sufficient bone for implant.
- Possibility to place the dental implant immediately.
- Better aesthetic outcome is likely.
- Ability to place a graft material at the time of extraction to help prevent bone loss.
- Reduced treatment time and fewer procedures in many cases.
- Treatment costs are often loss.
|Bone loss occurs when bone preservation grafts and implants are not done.
||Excellent esthetic result possible with optimal timing of procedures.
The best time to evaluate a patient for dental implant treatment is PRIOR to the extraction of a tooth.